An innovative, results-orientated, international MBA Business Consultant with a strong track record in delivering strategic, groundbreaking programmes within the private and public sectors. Chris B specialises in business project management, strategy and goal setting and organisational transformation.
A self aware, inspirational leader and mentor who is analytical and thinks strategically, Chris is credible at all levels. A master of communication, interprets and articulates company vision, he builds consensus and facilitates change. He is renowned for ability to work in diverse and politically charged environments and is unafraid of taking tough decisions. In addition, Chris is strong when building customer relationships and when dealing with people development and management. Among his career highlights, Chris can include:
- Conducting competitor analysis for an internet hosting company, refocusing the business strategy and establishing new customer packages and pricing policies, coaching company directors to achieve a five-fold profit to £100,000 and increasing customer base by 15%.
- Aligning a leading school for the disabled’s five-year plan with trust strategy. Renewed costing and pricing model, relocation of school to a single site, and introduced a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure better utilisation of staff, reducing costs in excess of £3 million.
- Researched and made recommendations on a suite of products offered by an automative trade organisation, key areas where they should compete, organisational changes to compete effectively and governance changes to put in place controls to manage product development.
- Key player in delivering a Government directive to unify seven borough councils into one Uni-City, two years ahead of schedule, winning a series of awards for best government IT project, with further annual savings.
- Refocused Scottish enterprise strategy and built the vision of how the CRM strategy would be at the centre of their business strategy.
- Restructured the business support organisation of a French-speaking, North African development bank to capitalise on available skills in a location that had few.
- Personally engaged by the Chairman of a pensions company to investigate a “never ending” project continually requesting monies to complete.
- Asked by CIO of Transnet to investigate why the South African railways were attempting to cancel their contract for IT managed services. Working within an environment of mutual distrust and conflicting objectives established areas of commonality between the two parties and basic understanding of each other’s needs, then brokered an agreement.
- Established an IT infrastructure that allowed an oil exploration company to make strategic choices around its structure.